1 3/4” diameter
This round brass coin salutes the U.S. Marine Force Recon. Struck in a brass alloy, this coin has an attractive use of enamel, making a striking impression. The reverse contains the logo of the Marines set in a semitransparent red enamel that allows the look of radience, surrounded by blue enamel. The coin comes packaged in a polybag with a header card.
United States Marine Corps Force Reconnaissance (Force Recon) units are special-purposes units roughly analogous to the Navy SEALs, Air Force Air Commandos, or U.S. Army Special Forces and are widely recognized as the "special operations forces" of the United States Marine Corps. Marine Force Recon personnel, or "operators", perform highly specialized, small scale, high-risk operations, such as:
* Amphibious and deep ground surveillance.
* Assisting in specialized technical missions such as Nuclear, Biological, Chemical, Radio, sensors and beacons, etc.
* Assisting in ordnance delivery (i.e., designating targets for close air support, artillery and naval gunfire.
* Conducting direct action raids, such as gas and oil platform (GOPLATS) raids and the capture of specific personnel or sensitive materials.
* Counter Insurgency Operations
* Behind Enemy Lines Assault
* Deep Reconnaissance
* Hostage prisoner of war rescue.
* Unconventional warfare
* Foreign Internal Defense
Force Reconnaissance units have been recently integrated into the United States Special Operations Command (USSOCOM), and are now part of Marine Special Operation Battalions East and West.
This coin fits in a 1.8" Medallion Plate Cover
Click this Image to view the Medallion Plate Cover with this coin