Crown Horn Cover Attachment Mounting Instructions
Thank You for Purchasing “The Crown” – Horn Cover Attachment!
Please read First: Easy Mounting Instructions:
1. Purchase a small tube of high temp. RTV Silicone Gasket Maker (black color) from your local auto parts store.
2. Carefully remove stock horn cover with horn, and disconnect electronics, if nut is too tight use thread loosener
3. Place “The Crown” Horn Cover attachment on stock horn cover for fit, (slot facing towards bottom of horn) Make note where you like the position, (I like it about ¾” above the bottom of stock horn.)
4. Clean off stock horn cover with alcohol and remove all dirt.
5. Find something to rest the stock horn cover on so it lays flat horizontally.
6. With rtv silicone apply 1 bead in each of the channels on the underside of “the Crown” horn cover attachment
DO NOT OVER FILL CHANNELS – this will cause excessive overflow.
7. With the Slot facing towards bottom place “The Crown” on the stock horn cover and press down easily, make sure the incline planes straddle and line up with the center line of the horn cover, and the crown’s sides are flat on the horn cover.
DO NOT MOVE “The Crown” AROUND – this will cause silicone to smear. If it smears, allow it to dry and peal off later with a straw end or something non-abrasive.
8. Allow silicone to cure overnight at least 9 – 12 hours.
9. Next day mount coin by putting 2 dabs of RTV silicone about ½ dime size at the 3 and 9 o’clock positions. Make sure the bottom slot is clear of RTV silicone. (This slot will be used to remove your coin.)
10. Center your coin in and Wait 7 – 8 hours for RTV to cure.
11. Mount horn back on your bike (check horn function) enjoy your new look, and Ride with Pride
Easy removal Instructions:
1. Remove horn cover from bike.
2. Place the horn on a flat surface, horizontally.
3. Use a very small thin screw driver insert in the slot and pry the coin out, you may have to use another screw driver once it loosens up to help remove coin. Be very careful not to damage “the Crown” when inserting the screw driver in the slot just twist a little and the medallion should loosen up, then pop it out.
4. Clean out the silicone, using a non sharp tool.
5. “The Crown” is ready to accept another medallion, see above.
Any questions email:
Or call Motordog69 LLC. Tel: 407-325-3836
Don’t forget to share this great motorcycle part with your friends and crew
Your Cart is currently empty.